Watch the Town Hall Live
This is my coverage of the Bernie Sanders Fox Election Town Hall in Bethlehem , Pa . Senator Sanders just released his tax returns minutes before the town hall and it has been a big part of the early debate. He challenged President Trump to also release his tax returns.
- Brilliant Move for him
- Not So Brilliant Move for Bernie Sanders
Bernie Sanders made $560,000 in 2018. He and his wife are millionaires. Where Senator Sanders really went off the rails for me is his proposal for a wealth tax for people who make over $250, 000 a year. He wants them o pay a tax rate of 52% . Their tax rate right now is 26% lowered by the Trump Tax cuts from 39% .
Bernie Sanders tax returns as pointed out by Fox reporter and Town Hall moderated Bret Baier benefited from the Trump Tax cuts. Paying only 26% on the millions of dollars he made last year.
When asked by moderator Martha McCallum will he voluntary give up the extra money that he got from the Trump tax cuts since he thinks that rich Americans should pay more under his plan.
Sanders said no he would not. This was quite revealing and sad to me. You want Americans who work hard for their money who make it big to pay more to the Federal Government in taxes so that government can waste it.
But you get rich because of your fame gained by being a Socials Senator and you will not voluntary give your extra cash gained by the Trump Tax cut to your precious federal government.
You fail there Bernie Sanders.
Despite his unwillingness to pay his own tax voluntary ,he seems to feel like his writing a book about his socialist thoughts is superior to other Americans making the same about of money or more.
Bernie Sanders is proud that he made over million dollars off writing a book. So what is the difference between you writing a book and someone who is selling hamburgers or computers.
It was brilliant for Bernie Sanders to do this show the way he did it. But at the same time he is opening himself up to fair, tough, questions . Just as important is the fact that these questions are made from a conservative perspective. So they really try the Socialist views of Bernie Sanders
Like the question of will you voluntary lead in paying more taxes or what you call a wealth tax on wealthy Americans. You are now wealthy and you propose this tax on Americans as a Democratic presidential candidate.
Will you not lead and pay it voluntarily?
Fast Facts Revealed Tonight:
- Bernie Sanders only gave 3.4% of his income to charity in 2018
- Wealth Tax: Bernie Sanders wants raise taxes on American tax payers who make over $250,000 a year to 52% or their earnings. Bernie Sanders will not Volunteer 52% of his earnings?
- Bernie Sanders thinks that writing a book and making millions of dollars is not the American dream.
- When asked what nation is the biggest threat to American national security Sanders said, ” He does not want to use the world threat” He thinks we spend too much on the military
- He did not answer the question of who is the Biggest national security threat to our nation.
- When asked if a woman should be able to be a terminate a pregnancy in the 3rd trimester Sanders said ” I think that it is rare, and its being made into a political issue “
He did not answer the question however.